Text message drip campaigns and MMS are not available on legacy plans. Basic text messages are still available.
- Invite your customers to visit your landing page via text message
- Collect mobile numbers via our native opt-in form
You can quickly engage your customers in the review writing process by guiding them to your landing page via a text message with a link to your landing page URL.
Note: When using our text message system, you agree to abide by our terms of service and only send mobile communications to customers who have agreed to receive them. Please ensure that the customer has ‘opted in’ of their own accord.
1) Enable text messaging on your profileText messaging is enabled on a profile-by-profile basis. Depending on your plan, there may be an additional charge that varies by country.
Add text messaging to your landing page by navigating to Dashboard > Invites > Phone/Text and clicking the Add Phone/Text button.
Note that you can also set a monthly text message limit that will automatically prevent sending further texts after reaching that number in a given month. The default limit is 200.
To edit the text message limit, simply click the number displayed next to Text message limit: and type in a new number.
Editing the text message limit does not affect how you are billed by us. Per message overages apply to all texts after the 200th in a given month, and will be billed according to your plan pricing.
2) Setup a local sender numberThis is the number that your customers will see in the ‘From’ field. You can specify an area code by typing it in the Area code (optional) field. Click Find Available Numbers and you’ll be presented with a list of phone numbers to choose from.
Select a number and press Continue.
3) Customize your message
The default text message
You can customize the content of your text messages in several ways:
- Edit the text content of your message(s)
- Add images to your text messages (additional charges may apply)
- Add messages to your text sequence
Edit text message contentThe text editing panel lets you edit several parameters:
- Click on the Sent text to change when the text is sent. The default is immediately, meaning the text will be sent to the recipient immediately after they are placed on the active recipients list.
- Click on the message text to edit it (you can use the same placeholders available for campaign emails).
Clicking out of the text box will automatically save your changes. You can send yourself a test message by clicking Send a Test and specifying a recipient number.
Add an image to your text with MMS (optional)
Please note: Adding an image will use 2 texts per recipient. This is a billable action.
If you'd like to add an image to your text message, set Add an Image to Yes by clicking on No.
Click Browse to select an image off your compute (.JPG or .PNG format required). Once you've chosen, press Submit.
Above is an example of what an MMS message might look like on an iOS device. Results may vary across devices. We recommend maintaining a small margin of background color padding around your image to optimize display (e.g. with the rounded corners in the above example).
Add more texts to your campaign (optional)If you'd like to create a sequence of multiple text message, simply click on the Add a Text Message link. You'll be given a new, blank message that you can customize using the instructions above.
To delete any message in your sequence, simply click the red Delete button.
Sending LimitsYou can edit your monthly sending limit anytime by following the directions here. You can view your total text messages sent this month and Below the message template, you can see your monthly text message limit. Account owners, admins, and staff can edit the limit by clicking on the number and typing in a new number.
Note: the limit you set here does not affect how you are billed by us. All messages over 200 will be billed per message.
Please note: Our text messages use industry-standard SMS technology, which has a 160-character limit. Messages that exceed this length will be broken up into multiple messages on many (but not all) recipient phones. These additional messages are billable. We therefore recommend abiding by this character limit.
4) Collect opt-ins and sendTo send an text invite to a client, collect their opt-in via the opt-in form located in Dashboard > Invites > Invite & Opt-in Forms. Present this form to your customers at the point of sale via a dedicated kiosk (an iPad or computer with an internet browser will suffice). The opt-in form lives on its own URL – your landing page URL appended with “/optin”. For example, if your landing pages lives at:
Your opt-in form URL will be:
The customer only needs to provide their phone number and first name (last name is optional). With the default settings, they will receive your text message immediately after opting in. They will then be moved to the Inactive Recipients list (this list combines both phone numbers and email addresses). You can also bulk upload text recipients via a CSV spreadsheet.
Opting outAs shown in the example above, all initial text messages contain opt-out info ("Text STOP") by default, and this cannot be changed. You may include the same prompt in any or all other messages in your sequence should you choose to add them.
What happens if a customer replies to my message with something else?They will receive another message with the same opt-out instructions. The message will also be logged in the Text Inbox.
Can I track visitor activity from my text message campaigns?Yes. You'll be able to see what text recipients have done under the Email/Text Activity and Funnel Activity tabs.
If you're running a multi-message text campaign, you'll also be able to deactivate recipients after opening, clicking, or clicking through to a review site from a text message.