While Grade.us offers a range of template based designs for your landing page, sometimes a default design does not meet your business needs. For those that want to achieve more with their landing page design, Grade.us allows you to create custom HTML and CSS rules and apply them. In addition you are able to add a domain or subdomain where your landing page can "live."
In This Article:
When to Customize
Grade.us provides a series of built in templates to make your landing page unique to your business. Sometimes the default template, however, does not capture the brand of your company quite the way you want. You may need to customize your landing page using HTML and CSS, if the following applies to your company:
- None of the default Grade.us templates capture your brand
- You need more content on your landing page than Grade.us provides by default
- You want to include images or videos on your Landing Page
- You want to replace the "private feedback" request form
- You want to adjust the star rating images and replace it with something else
While Grade.us supports custom HTML and CSS, the Grade.us support team is unable to assist in writing code or making corrections when your custom code does not function as expected. This option is best utilized when you have an in-house developer to assist with code creation.
HTML and CSS
Grade.us gives you the ability to utilize HTML or CSS on your account Landing Page. Using HTML or CSS you can:
- Embed an image or a video when thanking customers for their public review
- Embed custom HTML that replaces the private feedback request form
- Customize CSS and Custom <head> HTML of your landing page
- Customize "Powered by" HTML
To add custom HTML and CSS to your Landing page, perform the following:
1. Login to your Grade.us account and navigate to your Dashboard > Funnel.
2. Navigate to the "Setup" tab and scroll through the "Branding & Design" section.
3. Enter your custom code into the "Custom CSS" or the "Custom <head> HTML" blocks.
- You can also modify the "Powered by" HTML by adding custom code to the box labeled "Custom Powered by HTML (optional)"
Domain & Subdomain Options
If you use a custom website url for your business, you may want your review funnel, or Landing Page, to exist under that same domain name. Grade.us gives you the ability to configure your business profile's landing page to "live" under your domain or subdomain. You can do this:
- on a dedicated domain shared across businesses, like reviewcompany.com/CompanyX
- on a dedicated domain for a given business, like reviewCompanyX.com
- on a subdomain of an existing website, like review.CompanyX.com
- on a subdomain shared across businesses, like review.domain.com/CompanyX
To get started, navigate to the Dashboard > Funnel > Setup tab in your profile, and look under the Custom Domain Section.
To get started with a custom domain, you will need to configure your website's domain registrar to Grade.us:
1. Log into your website's domain registrar (typically your website host, like GoDaddy)
2. Set the nameservers of your domain to:
The process for pointing nameservers vary slightly from registrar to registrar. Consult your domain registrar's support for specific instructions.
Example: Using a Domain registerded with GoDaddy as the Host
1. Login to your account at godaddy.com
2. Click on "My Account"
3. Under Products > Domains, click “Launch” to launch the Domain Manager
4. Find the domain you want to modify, and click on it
5. Click on “Set Nameservers”
6. Select “I have specific nameservers for my domains” and enter our nameservers (shown above)
7. Click “OK”
Note: The new domain settings must propagate across the Internet before your domain will resolve to our servers globally. Propagation usually takes a few hours but can take as long as 48 hours.
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an SSL assigned to your page.
4. Once you have received a response from Grade.us Support, change the settings in your Grade.us dashboard. Select Domain in Dashboard > Funnel > Setup > Custom Domain (no "http://" or "www" needed), and enter the domain web address.
5. Check the "Shared by multiple businesses" box if you host more than one profile on the domain.
You will need to create a CNAME record with your DNS provider (typically the domain registrar, although in some cases you will need to do via your webhost or cPanel) to point the subdomain directly at the landing page.
1. Log into your website's domain registrar (typically the company you purchased the domain, e.g. GoDaddy)
2. Create a CNAME record under the domain, like so:
3. Email email@example.com to have an SSL assigned to your page.
4. Once you have received a response from Grade.us Support and you have created a CNAME record with your DNS provider, you will change the settings in your Grade.us dashboard. Select Domain in Dashboard > Funnel > Setup > Custom Subdomain (no "http://" or "www" needed), and enter the domain web address.
5. Check the "Shared by multiple businesses" box if you host more than one profile on the subdomain.
Apply Settings Across All Profiles
Once you have set up custom domain and subdomain links to one of your business profiles, it is possible to populate those settings for all new profiles created in your account. To access these settings, navigate to Manage > Defaults (beta).
Type in the domain or subdomain you would like the review funnel landing page to live.
End of Article:
The Grade.us platform enables customers to customize with HTML and CSS. Beyond this documentation, our Customer Success team does not provide assistance with HTML and CSS customization.
There are many excellent, free resources for learning HTML or CSS. Below are some helpful links to resources that may be of use to your customization process:
- W3Schools.com: is a great resource for beginners. They have a useful "Try It Yourself" feature for each topic.
- HTML attributes (for details like alignment, fonts, font colors, font sizes, and image sizes
1. This video much be hosted somewhere on the internet (Like on YouTube or Vimeo.)
2. Select the "embed" option.
- Navigate to the videos page
- Select the "Share" button
- Select the "embed code" option
3. Navigate to the Dashboard > Funnel > Setup.
4. Paste the embed code into the "Customer <head> HTML" field.
5. Select "Update the custom HTML."
1. Copy the embed code from your email service (MailChimp, Constant Contact, AWeber, etc.)
2. Navigate to the Dashboard > Funnel > Setup.
3. Paste the embed code into the "Customer <head> HTML" field.
4. Select "Update the custom HTML."