The Grade.us profile management feature allows you to access, add, delete, and edit all profiles under your account. In this articles you will learn how to navigate and customize the settings of each of your created profiles.
In this Article
To access your Profiles Dashboard, navigate to Manage > Profiles. From the Profile dashboard you can add businesses, see how many profiles you are using, manage profile add-ons, export and upload profiles, and take actions on specific profiles.
Navigate to the Add-Ons column. Click the icon of each add-on feature to toggle it on (green) or off (grey).
- Email: Clicking the icon will turn on/off email campaigns for that profile.
- Text: Clicking the icon will turn on/off text message campaigns for that profile (depending on your plan and usage, this may impact your billing).
- Monitoring: Clicking the signal icon will turn on/off review monitoring for that profile.
Navigate to the Actions column, and click on the Edit hyperlink when you need to make a change to a profiles:
- Brand/Business Name
- URL Shortname
- Internal ID
- Domain Status
- Custom Domain
- Suspend Client Profile
The Is Suspended? toggle is designed for temporary service switch-offs, e.g. in cases of nonpayment or seasonal businesses.
Suspending disables the client's landing page (replaced with a "Suspended Account" page), and widgets (replaced with a blank page or an error message). Assets and data for a profile will still be retained. To reverse a profile suspension, simply uncheck the Is suspended? box and press Update Business.
Suspending a profile has no impact on your billing with Grade.us- suspended profiles will continue to be billed. If you want to permanently remove a client from your account, delete the profile.
Suspended profiles will still count against your total profile availability, unless deleted. Please note - if you delete a profile, assets and data will not be retained.
Navigate to the Actions column. Click Delete to permanently remove it. A pop-up dialog will ask you to confirm. Assess whether the profile might be better off being suspended, as deleted profiles will be permanently removed (without recovery ability). After the profile is deleted, the seat it previously occupied will be open for re-use. It may take a couple hours for the seat to become clear on the back-end, so it may take some time before the seat can be re-used. You can utilize the search bar if the client profile is on a different page.
You have the ability to export a CSV list of all profiles by clicking on Export to CSV. The CSV will include basic profile information, including overall review and SMS counts.
The final CSV will look something like this:
The file will contain the following columns:
- profile_id: the unique hexadecimal ID assigned to the profile
- business_name: the business name given to the profile.
- shortname: the shortname given to the profile.
- internal_id: the optional private internal ID given to the profile, if any.
- created_at: the date the profile was created.
- reviews_count: the total number of reviews collected for the profile at the time of export.
- last_review_date: the date the most recent review was collected at the time of export.
- sms_count: the total number of SMS messages sent by to the profile at the time of export, if any.
- notes: any optional notes attached to the profile in Manage > Profiles, if any.
You have the ability to upload a CSV list of all profiles by clicking on Upload CSV.
Before uploading, make sure your account's profile limit can accommodate the number of locations that you are trying to upload. Failure to do so will result in a failed upload.
FYI:There is no limit to the number of locations a multi-location business can hold, and no limit to the number you can upload at time.
Using spreadsheet software like Excel or Google sheets, create a new file with the following columns. All columns except shortname are optional - they do not need to be in any set other. The header titles below are our defaults. You can use any headers you like, but using the default headers below will speed up the upload process.
- shortname: Your desired URL shortname for the business location (e.g. San Diego). Note that the shortname will be the displayed location name (i.e. it will appear on the location button or map bubble), and will follow a few rules.
- Dashes in the shortname will create a space in the final display.
- The first letter of each section of the shortname (separated by a dash) will be capitalized in the final display. For example, the shortname "san-diego" will become "San Diego".
- label: The main business name that will appear on the landing page (e.g. Pizza hutch - San Diego).
- internal_id: If the business has a store code or an unique identifier, you can include it under this header. It will not be displayed publicly.
Include all of the optional headers below to auto-run "Connect a Location" for all uploaded locations. Keep in mind that you must check the box "Auto-find locations..." after you click on Upload CSV.
- name: The business location name. This should correspond to the name of the business as it is likely to appear in review site listings you would like to use (e.g. Peachtree Mortgage - Atlanta Office).
- postal_code: The postal code for the business location.
- phone_number: The phone number for the business location.
You can auto-add other 3rd party review site listings by creating an additional column with the name of the review site (e.g. BBB) and place the URLs in the corresponding rows below it. Remember: the only required column is shortname. When you've finished creating your file, the next step is to upload it.
After ensuring your profile can accommodate the number of locations you are uploading, and creating the CSV or XLSX file, you are ready to upload.
1. Click on the Upload CSV (beta) button in the top left corner of the Profile Dashboard.
2. A popup will appear, providing you with two options:
Auto-find location listings...: to autorun the "Connect a Location" process for each business location. As explained above, you must include certain columns for this information in your CSV file.
Upload specific links for profiles...: if you have specific review site listing URLs you'd like to include. This functions work for any supported review site. As explained above, you must include columns for each review site in your uploaded file. After checking the Upload specific links for profiles... box, a links menu will appear, separated by category.
- Locate and click the appropriate categor(ies) for your chosen review site(s). After choosing the appropriate categor(ies), check the box for any review site(s) you are including:
3. After choosing between the two upload options, click on the Browse button. Locate your file, and click on open. If you have not used our default headers, you'll be prompted to match your headers to the information they represent:Drag and drop the blue headers on the left to the matching green information on the right. When all headers have been matched, you'll be able to click Continue to Upload.
4. A window will open where you will be given an opportunity to review data before proceeding. Once you're satisfied, click Upload.
If you've Auto-find listings... the Connect a Location listings search and confirmation will run at this point.
When you're done, you'll have separate landing pages with your chosen review site links for each uploaded business.
Caution:Make sure that you will be able to attend to the upload process uninterrupted. When uploading several hundred locations, this can take ~20 minutes as you must confirm listings for each location in succession.
Default settings can be set for Profile Setup, Profile Content, Mail Templates, SMS Templates, Add-ons, and Reports. Navigate to the Defaults (beta) tab in your Manage Dashboard, and make any desired changes. Please note the following:
- New defaults can be overwritten through normal profile editing. Defaults cannot be retroactively applied to existing profiles.
- You can revert to Grade.us software defaults at any time by clicking the Delete Default Profile button, located on the top-right side of your screen. This is an irreversible action that will permanently remove your previous defaults and will apply software defaults to new profiles moving forward.
End of Article:
If you have more questions about managing your profiles, contact email@example.com.