If you use a custom website url for your business, you may want your review funnel, or Landing Page, to exist under that same domain name. Grade.us gives you the ability to configure your business profile's landing page to "live" under your domain or subdomain. You can do this:
- on a dedicated domain shared across businesses, like reviewcompany.com/CompanyX
- on a dedicated domain for a given business, like reviewCompanyX.com
- on a subdomain of an existing website, like review.CompanyX.com
- on a subdomain shared across businesses, like review.domain.com/CompanyX
Navigate to the Dashboard > Funnel > Setup tab in your profile, and look under the Custom Domain Section.
To get started with a custom domain, you will need to configure your website's domain registrar to Grade.us:
1. Log into your website's domain registrar (typically your website host, like GoDaddy)
2. Set the nameservers of your domain to:
The process for pointing nameservers vary slightly from registrar to registrar. Consult your domain registrar's support for specific instructions.
Example: Using a Domain registered with GoDaddy as the Host
- Login to your account at godaddy.com
- Click on "My Account"
- Under Products > Domains, click “Launch” to launch the Domain Manager
- Find the domain you want to modify, and click on it
- Click on “Set Nameservers”
- Select “I have specific nameservers for my domains” and enter our nameservers (shown above)
- Click “OK”
Note: The new domain settings must propagate across the Internet before your domain will resolve to our servers globally. Propagation usually takes a few hours but can take as long as 48 hours.
3. Change the settings in your Grade.us dashboard. Select Domain in Dashboard > Funnel > Setup > Custom Domain (no "http://" or "www" needed), and enter the domain web address.
4. Email email@example.com to have an SSL assigned to your page if needed (your page will appear as non-secure).
5. Check the "Shared by multiple businesses" box if you host more than one profile on that domain.
You will need to create a CNAME record with your DNS provider (typically the domain registrar, although in some cases you will need to do via your webhost or cPanel) to point the subdomain directly at the landing page.
1. Log into your website's domain registrar (typically the company you purchased the domain, e.g. GoDaddy)
2. Create a CNAME record under the domain, like so:
3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to have an SSL assigned to your page.
4. Once you have received a response from Grade.us Support and you have created a CNAME record with your DNS provider, you will change the settings in your Grade.us dashboard. Select Domain in Dashboard > Funnel > Setup > Custom Subdomain (do not include "http://" or "www"), and enter the domain web address.
5. Check the "Shared by multiple businesses" box if you host more than one profile on the subdomain.
Once you have set up custom domain and subdomain links to one of your business profiles, it is possible to populate those settings for all new profiles created in your account. To access these settings, navigate to Manage > Defaults.
Type in the domain or subdomain you would like the review funnel landing page to live.
End of Article:
The Grade.us platform enables customers to use their own Domain and Subdomains so that they can project the brand that they want.