Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks. This is now achievable through Grade.us, and below are the steps you needed to get things started.
In this Article:
- How it works
- What you'll need
- How to connect
How it works
When fully set up and configured you will be able to have third-party systems work alongside Zapier and Grade.us automatically with little to no work needed by you. The best way to explain it would be this...
Imagine you're a bakery and every sale made asks for an email or phone number to send customer receipts. Now, once that information is entered into your system it sets a trigger that sends the customer information to Zapier, then from there it's sent to Grade.us to add the details to the recipient list, then send them an email or text to leave a review!
This can be used through many different CRMs, POS and other types of systems and you can check the link here to see if yours is one of them - https://zapier.com/apps/zapier/integrations
What you'll need
In order to get this process started, there are crucial and important tools you'll need to have to make sure you don't run into any issues or roadblocks.
- Agency or Enterprise - This is the core of the process, without this account type you will not be able to have access to this feature
- Zapier Account - You are required to have a Zapier account since this is a third-party service you will need to have an account in order to have your configurations accessed.
- API - This can be provided upon request if it hasn't been given to you already, but when configuring your Zapier you will be asked to enter this into the system.
- Integration - You'll need to ensure the site you wish to use can be integrated with Zapier and you can perform a search to find that out here - https://zapier.com/apps/zapier/integrations
How to connect
If you have everything in the list above then you are ready to sign-in and create a Zap for your own.
1. Once signed in what you'll need to do is click the option to the top right that says "Make a Zap".
2. You will need to perform a search for the app you'd like to integrate if it isn't presented on the first initial screen. After you choose the app you would like to set up a Zap with, make sure you apply the correct triggers for the system to know what action or area to react with to begin the process.
Not at all applications have the same settings and configurations so depending on how it differs you may need to use this Zapier guide as a resource - https://zapier.com/help
3. Once the first step in Zapier is completed it will give you an overview of the different areas required to set and what has been successful or not with the green checkmarks on the right-hand side. Zapier will also perform a test at the end of the setup to ensure it has been configured correctly.
4. Next, you'll want to set a helper in place. The helper is essentially the track you lay down which in turn navigates the train of data and tells it where to go, how to get there, and when. The different helper are listed below and it is important to have this in place in order for the system to know exactly what you want it to do;
Path - Build different steps for different rules.
Filter - Only allow a zap to proceed when a certain condition is met.
Delay - Pause actions for a certain amount of time before continuing.
Formatter - Change how incoming data is formatted for later steps.
When your helper path finalized you should be presented with a screen similar to below with the notification letting you know the Zap would have been successful upon testing otherwise it would let you know what needs to be corrected.
5. Next, you'll want to click the "+" button to search for Grade.us and add it to the sequence. When it's added to the sequence it will only have one option to add to the process this is what the system will do when the trigger is activated; "Create Mail Recipient - Triggers a review invite campaign to a recipient via email or SMS." You'll know you're on the right path when it asks you to sign in after click continues.
6. Once you click the sign-in button is clicked you'll be redirected to a pop-up window which will require you to input your API key which you should have access to in your "My Account" page on Grade.us.
7. Now that your account has been attached you'll need to select the profile your trigger will funnel into then match the required fields to be filled with the recipient information you'll want to tie into the process.
8. Now after the recipient details are configured you will be prompted and perform a test which is optional but testing would ensure everything is aligned and set up correctly. When you do this and your test is successful you're good to go!
And to verify the test was successful you can also check the active tab of the profile selected and you should see an email has been submitted.
End of Article
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Zap.